Friday, January 4, 2008

Kenyans: We are Bigger and Greater than This Current Madness!!!

For me whatever has been happening in Kenya is really madness. We have reached a level where human life is not at all important because of power, supporting a presidential candidate etc. While I support that there be truth and honesty, I do not condone violence and pillaging in any way. I know that the media is condemning Kivuitu for telling his truth. But I do commend him. He could not live comfortably with a great lie in his heart and so he at one time had to tell the truth despite its cost.

The ugly pictures I see on international papers and the TVs just make us look like beasts who are "lesser than beasts". Just confirming to the world that we are still evolving and are many steps to reach the humanity status. We have no hearts or emotions!! Guys wielding pangas and rungus. The burning of a church and the killing of women and children etc. The BBC has a big story entitled "killed like dogs." I see pictures of shooting, (now the western media is calling asking the two big fish to come together and stop a civil war that is looming in Kenya at the moment), looting (when in Kenya did we lose our humanity and our hardworking identity so much to start plundering in the way we have done),Burning of property (all that we built in the last 40 or so years have gone up in smoke).

I am here in diaspora but I cant anymore walk with my head up high because of a crime that involves the ECK and the govenment. ODM would have asked its members long a go to pursue non violent means and it did not and their supporters have been killed in great numbers and also wrecked havoc etc. Woe unto you selfish mongers for your day of reckoning will come. When we shall charge you with crimes against Humanity!!! And to all the looters stop looting and start working to build our nation. To all the murderers, Kenya is a country of human beings and not of panga wielding brigands and rungu beasts. You are worse for accepting the poison of hatred to be implanted in you to the extent that you can kill, destroy and plunder. After the elections these crimes will haunt your heart forever. You will remember the cries of your victims crying for mercy, while you continued torturing them and eventually murdered them etc. We may never ever get to know that you did it but your heart will always know that you are a murderer.

The peacemakers e.g. church have responded too late. When on 30th there was a serious clash at the KICC they did not raise their voice. Only to come to raise it late when the president has been sworn in. And the president is playing hard to find. One time Prof. Saitoti said "there comes a time when the nation is greater than an individual." Kenya is a nation and Kibaki is only an individual. To the ODM kindly desist from the rallies at the moment till later. Make the appeals to your supporters using the media as more rallies will see more people dead.
And now at last this tribal animousity. This is something that is so silly. All of a sudden I come to realise that I am a tribe before being a Kenyan. And since I am a tribe I deserve to live and make sure that I kill people from the other tribes.

Lastly, I stand up in silence for one minute saying a prayer for the souls of all the departed brothers and sisters during these elections. They have paid for democracy at a price of their blood. I wish I could stand up for more that a day in their honour. May their blood leave a great impact to us in Kenya that will always remind us of these past senseless days. May from their blood grow peace and stability for our country. And may their blood contribute to the building of a Kenya that is above TRIBALISM, corruption, and selfishness.


GOD BLESS KENYA AND GIVE US A GREAT YEAR 2008.

1 comment:

  1. I am an American, but was in Kenya last month before the elections. Watching the TV in horror, I could not believe the post-election Kenya on TV was the same one!

    The Kenya I was introduced to was a country of hospitable, resourceful and fun people. Yes, there was talk of the elections and even of violence but not of tribal hatred.

    Yes, some tribal members explained the divides between different languages, cultures and tribes...but they painted an integrated picture of respect--not hatred.

    Kenya and Kenyans have a huge amount of potential. I have seen this first hand. I have seen the greatness that is in Kenya, and I am very saddened, disappointed and even frightened to witness this inhumane violence.

    I really hope Kenya will return to the Kenya I knew soon, so that I may also return.

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment here