Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fikira and Maoni on the Kenyan Crisis 11

First, I do not agree that it is possible to have no side at the moment. There are only to sides to this problem: Justice and injustice! We must restore justice for there to be peace in Kenya .

It is a war we are fighting and nothing shall stop us until we reach our intended goal. In a war you pray, you lose blood, you lose property and you also lose what was not intended to be lost. In these past days I have seen three year old child shot at in Mombasa , primary school going children’s lives wasted in Kibera and in Kisumu a little lovely boy of seven shot dead. And many more other dead throughout the country! They said that the death toll is 8 but it may be more this! And I was out there demonstrating for justice and supporting the mass action call and I am a little bit hurt but even if I have to pay for this justice with my own blood I will do it!! This is not a “Genocidic revolution” but A “JUSTICE DRIVEN Revolution!”

I am Luo but that is not the reason as to why I fight. I am not fighting a tribal war. I am not fighting because Raila is not the president. I am fighting for justice. I am not fighting my brothers and sisters "the Kikuyus" but I am fighting against the forces and structures of injustice and those forces and structures that are supporting these structures. Many of my friends are Kikuyu and they are in this fight! I do not want my small son to inherit an intergenerational collapse of democracy. What this government has done is to start a bad precedent and a posibility that tomorrow another person will cling into power and will form what is commonly referred to as the “ruling elite.” If for example Raila had rigged himself to power today, I would join the masses to bring him down!! And in a war everybody is a fighter: either fighting through prayers for your side to win or creating some intellectual and psychological strategies against or your opponents, convincing your friends to go against your opponents (international donors) etc. "Ora et lavoro" so goes the saying (by the way Richi, you are always so fond of Latin expressions. I also know them abit, being a learned friend). During the independence war we had people bargaining at the Lancaster house and we had people on the ground fighting and paying for this independence at the price of their blood. This they did for Kenya. Just as the Christians say that by the Blood of Jesus we are all healed and so do I say that by the blood of these PRESENT heroes we shall be FREE and really FREE! If we keep quiet at the moment, we shall have created a dictator but let us make it difficult for the rising up of "would be dictators in Kenya" both now and in the future. Tanzania, Uganda and many countries of Africa are full of these dictators. Let that NOT come to Kenya!! This we can only do by getting Kibaki out of that chair. By the way, it is a shame that people refer to him as Mr. President!!

The war has not yet started! It will end with the coming down of the dictator! A great injustice has been done to the people of Kenya i.e. the Kenyan voter. The Kenyan voter has first of all been robbed of her votes and secondly killed! She was not given the president she elected, now her Freedom to assemble and demonstrate peacefully is being quashed and the voters are being killed. And all over the world, people are talking of a tribal holocaust (a sad deviation from the real problem). Of course, I think that what happened in Eldoret was very sad. It should not have happened! Our anger should be directed towards Kibaki, his cronies and forces! You know about the ousting of the Philippines dictator Marcus (it was given all sorts of names by anti democracy supporters), the Ukraine ’s Orange revolution (all sorts of names too) etc etc. Kenya is not exempt!! The mass actions in the long run will bring this government to its knees! In the beginning they will kill a few Kenyans but in the long run Kenyans will become hardcores and will keep on fighting and each and every time losing a presious person. In the long run it will be the injustice that will be defeated. And what do I say to my friends the Kenyans, Let us join the mass actions in great numbers and let us bring this undemocratic government down. But let us all take note of the fact that we are not a tribe against others but we are all fighting for the return of democracy in our country!

Of course, just as I read some of the past mails discussed by all of us, I agree with all my heart that tribalism is a stupid thing. And it is unfortunate that 150% of Kenyans are tribalists including the people in this forum! Even if we say we have no problems with other tribes but we still have them in subtle ways! And as comparisons with other African states, we are a unique case! This is our war and we should not bother how other people are going to look at it. Justice must win at the end. When justice will win, that is when the people will win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here