Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fikira and Maoni on the Kenyan Crisis 4

I also take up the discussion. I am deeply disturbed by the way our neighbours in Rift valley are killing our people. I hope you remember I am a settler in Molo Rift Vally who thought I can stay anywhere in Kenya. I thought I was part of the Kenyan who spoke until I lost relatives and friends who I dont have time to mourn their death!

I wish Kibaki knows how his supporters are suffering and does something quickly! I am worried that the good smiles we used to enjoy from everyone here at the university are fading away every day.

All of us have good arguments but lets try not to fuel the violence. We are learned friends and innocent Kenyans listen to us. At the moment they are dying and hungry coz of many past mistakes. Not just elections.Today in Seniour a joke was made that there is no food for Maseno university students and the fear of how that institution might suffer for a longer time, not forgeting Moi university. As the university we pray that the students dont bring the heatred in the halls of residence and University way!

I teach economics at Nairobi University. All my students are highly spirited Kenyans. The big question that lingers on my mind is "will we have an economy to manage if things go on the way they are?" We need a better game theory to model Kenyan politics and the current constitution can't offer that! The presidency is everything which makes cheating to be an easy option for anyone with a support of half the country poplation to take. Lets rethink the executive and win-win policy in our politics as a better game theory.

We are investors of skills and capital, there is no confidence for investors in many parts of this country. No food in Nakumatt coz farmers are busy fighting. where is our social capital, the village groups to assist in such crises.

A lot have been said until we dont know who is telling the truth! We are basically a lying nation. Lets start with you and me by telling the truth this week and I am sure we shall stop pointing figures to everyone and start to talk to one another.

Jesus told us he brought war lets know the war he was talking about then Peace and joy will be our destiny. Josemaria used to say that you are not a billion dollar to be liked by everyone so Kibaki and Raila should know that they will be liked by some and hated by others but no one should die coz of their shelfish interest. My stand is this if Kibaki and Raila rigged even if its one vote they should both step down for the sake of this lovely land. They should love Kenya so much that they decided to step down and we might put that in the Kenyan Bible for them to be remebered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here