Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fikira and Maoni on the Kenyan Crisis 6

Obvious, if I met you dead, nitaomboleza na sitakojolea mwili wako nikishout Good Riddance!!

You know what,

Now try to imagine you and me, the friends we are bellowing for each other's blood out of the blues? People who were going to the same Small Christian Community and praying the sorrowful, joyous and glorious mysteries together! And this was the mysteries of our lives together!

I have never ever imagined that it could havebeen so easy to develop such hatred. What can we do now that this situation has deteroriated so much. Did you ever imagine ever that one time a 27th of December had the capacity of turning you into a fugitive from your own country? Kenya is now declared an emergencyzone with UN launching a $34 m appeal for it. Maybe more appeals will be lauched later! By the way if things become so worse, the layman and the economist will all become refugees! I do understand your concern at the moment about international aid. However the situation at the moment is above economics and international aid. By the wayKenya survived without aid for a long long time from1982. On the contrary I do not think that we can survive without peace for such a long time! Zimbabwe is surviving without aid though with difficulties etc. Another country about to face the sanction will bePakistan!

Let us look at what ails us at the moment starting from your love for me and my care and concern for you over the years. Could we say all these was just fake! If I see people stoning you now, would I finish you off with a panga because to me you represent a symbol that I hate? And it becomes so easy to kill you the way I would kill a chicken or a rat! In Uganda for example, Kenyan refugees are trying to poison each other and this has become big in the international scene. If I see your corpse would I mourn over it feeling the loss of a long time brother, friend and companion or would I piss on it while yelling GOOD RIDDANCE! On the other hand given another situation and I see a mob attacking a vulnerable member of yourfamily e.g. your siz or mum or wife etc and I am ableto do something, would I just keep quiet?

What I feel we need to do is for us to kneel down andpray for our country! We are a prayerful people and let us not feel ashamed to do so. LET US PRAY! And educate those we are close to that human life matters. In that life lies a daughter, a son, a mother and a father to a particular family! Lies a friend to other people and a citizen of Kenya! I know that it is difficult for all of us not to take sides at the moment. For a moment let us PRAY! Themost important side is the side of prayer and let uskeep away from blame (though it is hard). And maybe then what to do will become clear!

This is just what I feel, someone else feels different, kindly share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment here