Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another instance of Racism at a Summer School in Italy

In this summer school at Bertinoro we were had a wonderful session of discussing about the roles of different stakeholders in a social entreprise. I represented the clients (companions) group. A long day passed and in the evening one Italian participant greets me and calls me "black Panther." I was stunned and offended. I expressed to him my disappointment. This is the worst of racist puns ever directed to me in my three years in Italy. The Italian people are generally very tolerant and welcoming and do treat alliens with respect. This pun coming from a participant of the summer school has really shocked me. Maybe I should take my complaints higher.

1 comment:

  1. Prolly let it slide, if its not a pattern, they will do nothing...

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment here